Sunday, March 27, 2011

My Cousin's Job! 7:12

Sooo, my cousin Michael Londria saw my older post and like wanted me to talk a little bit about what he does everyday. Mike does cellular respiration, which makes ATP for the cell. There are like 3 main parts (4 if you count Fermentation, but we don't do that). It starts with Glycolysis, Kreb's Cycle, then Electron Transport Chain. His whole purpose in life is to like make ATP. ATP stands for Adenosine Triphosphate which contains 1 part adenosine and like 3 parts phosphate. It is the energy that cells use. Most of the energy is like in the bond between the 2nd and 3rd phosphate groups. Energy is released by like breaking that bond. After the bond has bee like broken, the ATP is now ADP (Adenosine Diphosphate). That ADP can be turned into a new ATP by adding a new phosphate. That's all I gotta say about Mike's job really, so like laterrr!


Bye Bloggie!


XOXO,
Chloe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment